I have eighteen years’ experience copyediting and proofreading diverse documents for clients in North America, Asia, the UK and Western Europe. I am acclaimed for sharpening and clarifying my clients’ voices without drowning out their unique styles. I can also condense documents that are too long and transform complicated and tortuous language into plain text. Finally, I can provide manuscript evaluation services for fiction.
My clients include:
- Lawyers, expert witnesses and policy-makers
- Professional athletes
- Poets, novelists and short story writers
- Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario (sub-contracts)
- Swiss Consulate General
- Gold producer focused on responsible mining
- International human rights organization
- Independent public policy think tank
Sample manuscript editing projects include:
Battle Royal: Monarchists vs. Republicans for the Crown of Canada by Dr. David Johnson (Dundurn Press, 2018).
A Beginner’s Guide to Language and Gender, 2nd ed. by Dr. Allyson Jule (Multilingual Matters, 2017).
Swiss Immigration to Canada: Achievements, Testimonies, Relations by Dr. Ilona Shulman Spaar (Consulate General of Switzerland, 2013).
After the Spring: Probation, Justice Reform and Democratization from the Baltics to Beirut by Dr. Johannes Wheeldon (Eleven International Publishing, 2012).
- Nominated for Int’l Book of the Year at American Society of Criminology, 2013.